Life is a series of high and low. Everyone has their share of good days and bad days. Never let life pull you down because of whatever it is that could ruin your day. When you are feeling down, you may want to do any of these seven ways for you to feel alive and well:
1. Create your own life soundtrack. Compile your favorite songs or music that lifts you up and pump your energy up. When you feel that life is not siding with you, great music can help left your spirits up. Save it on your phone or iPod and you are good to go.
2. Drink water. It is not only good for your health, but water actually helps calm your nerves and relaxes you. Have a bottle by your side ready to help you think straight or to improve your physical well being.
3. Meditate or pray. Meditation calms you down and prayer gives you hope and peace. When life bugs you down, you need to release your stress and get back on track.
4. Exercise at least three times a week for thirty minutes. Aside from its health benefits, it actually helps in improving your mental and emotional balance. Also, if you do this via playing sports, it’s a whole lot of fun.
5. Read a book. It is enriching and it helps you explore a whole new world without having to leave the comforts of your home.
6. Go out with friends. Enjoying the company of other people helps increase your social well being. Also, when life is not going the way we wanted to, a great support system paves the way for your faster recovery.
7. Try something different whenever you can. A lot of people live their lives confined within rules, standards and the rules of other people. Challenge yourself to go beyond the norms and do something new every once in a while. It is a refreshing experience.
Remind yourself to always be grateful. Do not just survive, choose to be alive.