1. LIVE A SIMPLE LIFE. be temperate in your habits. Avoid self-seeking and selfishness. Make simplicity the keynote of your daily plans. Simple things are the best.
2. SPEND LESS THAN YOU EARN. It may difficult, but it pays large dividends in contentment. Keep out of debt. Cultivate frugality, prudence, and self-denial. Avoid extravagance.
3. THINK CONSTRUCTIVELY. Train yourself to think clearly and accurately. Store your mind with useful thoughts. Stand porter at the door of your mind.
4. CULTIVATE A YIELDING DISPOSITION. Resist the common tendency to want your own way. See other's view point.
5. BE GRATEFUL. Begin the day with gratitude for your opportunities. Be glad for the privileged of life and work.
6. RULE YOUR MOODS. Cultivate a mental attitude of peace and good will.
7.GIVE GENEROUSLY. There is no greater joy in life than to render happiness to others by means of intelligent giving.
8. WORK WITH RIGHT MOTIVES. The highest purpose of your life should be to grow in spiritual grace and power.
9. BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS. Divert your mind from self-centeredness. In the degree that you give, serve, and help, will you experience the by-product of happiness.
10. LIVE IN A DAYTIGHT COMPARTMENT. That is, live one day at a time. Concentrate on your immediate task. Make the most of today.